Tuesday 8 May 2012

Musical produced by Bono back in the news


The great actor Liam Neeson gave a recent interview with the Belfast Telegraph, where he talks about his new film "Battleship," which starred the singer Rihanna.

                           

In the same interview, he cites Bono when he talks about a musical:

"I never thought about becoming a professional singer, but I'm in contact with Bono (U2) to launch a musical. It will be about an Irish band during the 70s, you're looking for fortune in Las Vegas. I should interpret the group's vocalist, but I do not want to sing in front of anyone. So when one look at me, I begin to sing. "


For those who only read this article, all this may seem new. But researching more about it I realized that this has already been reported for some time.

I highlight here, for example, the Guardian has published a report in 2009 on this same subject. Even then, it is said that Bono would be the producer of the film "The Virgin of Las Vegas," which was played by actor Liam Neeson. The script was by Barry Devlin, a member of Irish rock band Horslips.


What I can conclude is that the conversation between the two - Bono and Liam - have been rolling for a while then. As the article from the Belfast Telegraph is today, I think the conversation has been happening and that, probably, this project could actually be realized in the future.

Source: UV

No comments: