Wednesday, 9 November 2011

And seven months have passed ...

 Today, like every 09 days, one more full month since I attended the concerts of U2 360 º here in Brazil, Morumbi Stadium. There are 7 months that have passed since that was one of my biggest thrills in life. I was only on the first night, but on Inner! In older posts here on this blog, I made my way the story of how was the days before this magnificent night and, of course, the night itself. I will present here, again, my account of this unique experience.

What perfect night.

Sorry for the ugliness, but I was there three days in line and exhausted.

"They were three days in line at the gate of the second Morumbi Stadium. But the struggle to see the show started at the instant that the official website announced that the band would come to Brazil. It was November 2010. I live in San Carlos, went to Sao Paulo on December 5th, for only 07 days I could buy. In the morning day 06 to day 07 did what thousands of fans made: pressed tirelessly F5 Tickets for Fun site without success. I did not sleep. Until 7 am I arrived at the Pacaembu Stadium. There was a small queue there. All closed yet clear, but we remained hopeful that some tickets for us. There was a woman guiding the T4F in line, moreover, had a scary woman in line, wondered if it would still have tickets for all sectors and in large quantities, but she replied that it had would be only for some sectors. Despair hit us all in line. But hope is the last to die and when the box office opened 10 hours of morning announced that they had all the available sectors. Ready. Anxiety along with increased happiness. But still I could not give me a happy man completely. Would only do this when you pick up my ticket in hand. To I walked to the window of the box office. I'll never forget sensation. It was really real? I'd buy a ticket to a U2 concert !!!??? Why, yes! It was real! So I bought! Runway 09 days. (Little did I know at the time I would be the Inner Circle). That little piece of paper and valuable I was in my hands. I kept it very clear, as we keep our most precious jewels. I returned to San Carlos and waited four months. In the mean time I saw the U23D in theaters: chilling to the extreme!. I also did my 20th anniversary on April 4 and received the greatest gift that could receive: the show was the following Saturday! I went to St. Paul again in 05 days April. Day 07 I went to the long awaited line at Morumbi. I set up my tent (Which was not a bargain) 2 at the gate of the stadium. The sheet had not yet fallen. All well and good, beauty, tent set up, ticket securely stored, food, drink ... I met a guy a group of fans there. Form my friends throughout the time line. What I did not realize what happened happened. I went several times in stadium to see how it was going to mount the biggest stage that the music has ever seen. Come in. Several people walking in the corridors of Morumbi. Close to that I almost fainted when I saw the band's equipment to cm me! Ahead more an emotion: the dressing of them. The Bono was the last. I was just crying. Until ..... I turned left at the Library of SPFC, crossed it, I saw the lawn Morumbi, descended a ladder a few rungs e. .. done! There, right there in front of my poor eyes wide open and was nothing less than the largest stage in the history of music being mounted. Giant, making the Morumbi stay small. Sound only working machines and people.Neither the screen nor the antenna were still mounted, was enough for me to kneel pertp a grid and take pictures, shoot screaming.

Contemplated by the minute. I returned to the queue. I came back the covers and see the stage. Become routine. Let's see the stage? Yes, come on. Simple as that. And I saw. It took me all afternoon the day 07. At night as we could not enter the stadium and the problems began. Pain, hunger, thirst, and especially the willingness to go the bathroom. I had money but did not want to spend 5 dollars to do simple things in my life. Almost all of our group decided to go to a gas station nearby. We were on foot.We ate at Subway, we use the bathroom and put back into the stadium. But not until we have another moment to scream. We were back on the sidewalk and talking normally until I spotted a beautiful thing. Above the limit of the stadium I saw the top of the antenna of the stage lights shine and drop effects and reaching to the sky. For what? We started to take pictures and of course yelling and enjoy. As she walked to the stadium was gone.

It was a bitter cold night. What I liked. Relaxed, at least to me. We have defined the queue without leaving even more the next day. In the morning was hell to sleep. Noise of the car, the tent and the ground trembled, and to make matters worse they decided to do a little show it in front of the queue. A group of people with a guitar began to sing out of tune very U2. And coming up the sidewalk. Passed on the side of my tent, and inside I was already awake course. Of course the songs that I loved playing, it was U2, after all, but it was too bad to hear that tune and wanted to stop. Well I slept only 3 hours and very badly.

The next day, April 8 (the day before the show), we stop by a few more on stage, which was almost ready. It was the best day of the queue, you'll know why. Woke up at 5 am, just a cold feeling. People were waking up slowly. The sidewalk was gaining population. People leave without shirts, brushed their teeth in the street guide, were exchanged, or a sidewalk of a street in the city of São Paulo has become our home.We were talking and listening to U2 clear all morning. Until the afternoon we visited a bit more on stage. We went, we returned, we went, we came back, until one came forth another important fact which came to the story of my life. We were there in the bookstore admiring the stage like a sound that always took up our ears. A sound I recognize many familiar sounds. The band's technicians were testing the sound of the stadium. Tuning the guitar, bass and drums. They played many familiar songs from U2 but each one for 3 seconds. I heard for three seconds: Bad, Streets (almost died right there), Beautiful Day, Still have not found and others. Wiped away the tears (so as not to light and stage effects had yet) a well expect more in silence, only with people talking all around, until it happened one of the most beautiful I have ever seen in my life. Technicians started playing City of Blinding Lights in the full version. Wow, guys ... ALL of us in the library began to sing his lungs! - "OH, YOU LOOK SO BEEEEEEAUTIFUL TONIIIIIGHT." I felt that even the technicians inside were thrilled with us. Absolutely chilling. I could not believe what was happening. There were no stage lights, he was not completely assembled, was the day, very day by the way, but never mind, it was perfect. Imagine the show right away?. And if I say I do not just believe?. For I believe, because after City were expecting Vertigo, because that fan is a fan to know the sequence of songs. The drums began to play as the famous raid.Wow! We started jumping too. I thought the wooden floor of the bookstore would not take it. And the amazing thing: IT WAS NOT EVEN THE SHOW, not even the 4 there were only technical. But time did not matter. Some 50 people including me were there, witnessing this historic moment: "HELLO, HOLA HELLOOOO .. .. I'M VERTIGOOOOOOO PLACE CALL". After Vertigo thought it would come, but no. A security guard came to get out there and said that the stadium would close, it was nearly dark. We left in the aisles as if we were out of his own show, and were only two songs without Bono or stage lighting. We could not wait for the show more real.

But the day would not end without the most exciting moment of the queue (I said I was fucking 08 days). It was night. All calm, as clear as possible. Suddenly I began to see some fans running down the street and did not understand why that. After a time those same people returned crying, and I almost fainted there without understanding anything. Until some weeping commented: "I. .. I ... I took the hand of Bonoooo! Aaaaahhh !!!". I get ready: The band had arrived at the Morumbi Stadium for the first rehearsal and sound check. I was so I could not see them first on arrival at the gate ...but that's okay. After a few minutes, even from far away can hear the songs that the band was rehearsing and the first was nothing more nor less than: Zooropa!. Shouted others in the queue. We sang. After they played City, Mysterious Ways ... until I realized that one hour they would leave the Stadium. But please do not hesitate. I ran to the gate first and I squeezed in the middle of so many people around a grid to see the band and entourage leave.

Hopefully there for 2 hours. Until cars began to leave. First course of the band with the team manager and everything else. Suddenly they began to leave. ... Bono Edge Larry Adam ... .... ... all in their cars, none of them came out to speak. But I had done it earlier when they arrived. Flashes took care of everything. Shouts: "He is Bonoooooooo !!!!!! !!!!!! AAAAAAAA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!. They always very friendly and waved from inside the cars. Ready gone and the day 08 was nearing the end of an exciting way. We saw our idols up close even before the show. That day, my God ... what day this was. We came back crying, tired, wanting only to sleep and dream about the next day. Dawn Day 08 to 09 days until it was better than the previous one, but of course as a whole it was horrible. I slept from midnight to 5 and well. No one before spending money on a shower. I had to clear. The morning of 5 09 days, I woke up. With cold, trembling, I thought I would be sick, but I thought the show and doing a better job. In the morning the organizers of the line told us to go to closing and arranging tent because the queue was moving. In fact happened. Around 9 am I was already way ahead compared to before. My parents had sought all: my tent, my leftover garbage (because I was not one of those disgusting that they left everything they consumed played the sidewalk) and my purchases did in the queue. soh I with 3 mobile, wallet and of course the ticket. Ready was just waiting. And that interminable wait. If a cold night did great, made a hot day irfernal. The water vendors were called in one one minute. Even I'm not a big fan of water purchased. Sweat dripped, accumulated fatigue, pain, anguish, anxiety, nervousness ... all mixed. But we would win anything by U2.

At about 4 pm the doors finally opened. The queue started to move, my God, was going to happen. Walkways grades needed to pass to reach the police. Arrived. He searched him. All normal beauty. I walked some more and gave the ticket to the attendants of the show. Spent and ready. The race is on. I looked left. To the right. Do not know where was the way to the Inner until I saw everyone running to the left. I went along. I ran, ran, ran, ran, ran more, almost flew, I had never run so much in my life, I saw the entrance to the Inner and ran more. Spoke to security guards not to run, to have calm. Oh, yeah we were going to obey. It's U2 concert friend! The least we want to do is walk. I got a ratchet that gave access to the Inner. Then it had to stop, or rather, did not run or walked, I was led. It was a lot of people in one place. After spending a hard time I entered the ratchet. I ran more freely again, spent a starters, entered the Inner behind, wanted to stay between the Edge and Bono, but I could not, but I was a good place. I finished when I was running between Bono and Adam and there was. Ready! Mission accomplished. Desired location. It was just waiting now.The afternoon passed. Pleasant temperature: cold. The stadium was filled with thousands of people. And I looked up and could not believe. The Claw in front of me, on my side, rear, 360 in purely me. The core of the stage where the band would be was covered with a blue tarp. Dark. The "olas" began. Beautiful. It started drizzling strong. We put the raincoats. Muse entered, and began his show. I loved the first song: Uprising. Was watching the lights of the stage effects and chilling with my mouth open. That's because Muse was just playing. After their show back to light the stadium and the lights go off the stage. The countdown clock was on the big screen. It was possible that the U2 ... U2 would be on that stage playing their biggest hit 360 degrees in front of me. I thought a meteor was going to hang in there, you know, something happens. But thankfully not. One surprise: the music began Ocara "Trem das Onze" of Adoniran Barbosa. Even I hate Brazilian music that began to sing: "SOOOOOU FILHO ÚNICO." The clock finished its countdown. Arriving in time ... There was a guitar playing very slowly to the bottom ...

"Ground control to Major Tom .."
It's time! They appeared on the screen. The stadium exploded in euphoria and screams. I started to cry already. It is not possible. U2? I love that band I will show up there? In front of me? In the flesh? There will be more video, TV or photo? It will be real? And it was. Space Ends Oditty David Bowie and all the stadium lights go out.

He started the show. Dream come true. I will not describe all the songs are not finish until tomorrow. Moments ... well ... the beginning, of course. The first song Even better than the real thing, the quick stop in Elevation, Bono leans on the bridge and turn to me! Look for me to think. I felt blood in my throat with shouting. Speaking of pizza was funny. Come I Still Have not Found What I'm looking for, a hymn sung by the entire lung entire stadium. City of Blinding Lights and Vertigo was finally real. In I'll go crazy if I do not go crazy tonight was chilling. Everyone, including Larry passed in front of me. Larry turned to me and a small group of people gathered around him to admire him. But the most exciting moment for me on the show was yet to come. My music would be played: Where the streets have no name.

Without words. I was blue balloon. I cried, screamed and jumped more than any time in my life. The show comes to an end and my dream too. Get ready. I saw a U2 concert up close! Performed. And to think there near me, somewhere in the stadium would be the person that I would later fall in love: Vitória Guidugli Godoy. I love you."

And so it happened ...

No comments: